Our Food culture in India is always influenced by the Rulers who ruled us centuries ago. Take for instances the Moghuls who have left their mark on North Indian Cuisine, so vividly that we have our own new varieties influenced by their style of cooking, their spices and tastes. Hence I would like to come to todays recipe of Bombay sandwich where Sandwiche is one food we admit to take it from Britishers. So now in India we have our own varieties of breads and thousands of recipes around it. We have drastically used bread in so many ways in our starters and finger foods, the recipes are countless.. So here is one street food recipe from my hometown. It is super easy and tasty at the same time. Now here in Germany I am lucky to add the best Cheese to this recipe, which i don’t find in India. So the taste has surely multiplied. I have used Cheddar cheese and basic flat cheese. After grilling it in the Toaster, the aroma of this sandwich is definately going to envy your neighbours. It tastes heaven when the cheese inside and outside melts. Trust me on this recipe and do try at your home. So heres the recipe…
- In a bowl take all the veggies like Cabbage, onions, bell pepper, coriander, green chillies, pressed garlic together. Then add butter, black pepper, salt, chaat masala to it.
- Now mix it together nicely and keep aside.
- take two pieces of bread and apply first the butter on each bread. Use freashy made green chutney and spread it again on the bread.
- Now add the mixture we above made and spread evenly.
- In the end just add the last flat cheese and cover the other bread on top of it.
- Before grilling it just apply a spoon full of butter on the top of each bread and then grill closing it tight.
- So right after 2 mins the grilled Bombay sandwich is ready and just top it with some chedder cheese and its ready to eat.
- You can also dip into Ketchup or goes well without it too. Cheers!!